We are excited to announce that ACA Counseling is now offering clients tele-therapy. This type of counseling can be conducted via a video or phone session. Please call us at 205-379-7778. If we do not answer please leave a message. A staff member will return your call within 24-48 business hours.
HYBRID OPENING: June 2nd we will begin transitioning to a hybrid opening in which we will offer both tele-therapy and in-person sessions. The safety of our clients, clinicians, and office staff remain our top priority; to this end, in-person sessions will initially be offered for clients who are most suitable for a face-to-face session (ie, small children, trauma survivors, etc.) Eligibility for this option will be determined between the client and his or her therapist on a case-by-case basis. Your therapist will discuss with your service options.
2) This article called How Anxiety Leads to Disruptive Behavior is a good resource for helping parents reframe their view of children's "acting out behavior."
3) Spanish-speaking clients? This article in Spanish about how to talk to children about Corona Virus.
4) Getting Children and Teens Outside While Social Distancing. A good read with good ideas for families.
5) This is a GREAT article about the efficacy of telehealth that includes tips and info for parents on how to get the most and best out of the experience for children.
6) Rich and wonderful resources in this article from Harvard Center for Developing Child about how parents can help their children and themselves during COVID19 stay connected and emotionally well.
1. Tina Lackner has a training called Treating Anxiety Using Play Based Approaches, Yoga, Mindfulness & Meditation for Children & Families More info here
2.Lynn Wonders article called Mindfulness Meditation Changes Your Brain for the Better will be helpful to you and to share with your clients.
3. A 10 minute guided BREATHING meditation with Kim Eng HERE
4. Deepak Chopra's very short 3 minute soft-eye open-eye meditation HERE.
5. My article called Helping Kids Find Calm with Mindfulness may help you help your own children or child clients.